While many people have had success with dentures they are also aware of the many complications that can come with having a set of false teeth. Why have false teeth when you can have a set of natural- looking AND natural-functioning teeth? Dental implants offer stability and function while retaining your jaw bone for optimal oral health. Dr. Danielle Wehle offers her patients dental implants in San Jose, CA.Retaining as many teeth as possible over your lifetime is the ideal situation for your oral health. When a tooth is lost, the surrounding bone will start to deteriorate never to grow back. Dentures do not fix this problem and actually, over time, the progressive bone loss will make wearing dentures even more difficult and perhaps impossible. Dental implants are surgically placed into your jawbone allowing the titanium implant to integrate with your jaw bone saving it from deterioration and offering sturdy support for a functioning crown. Ill-fitting dentures can slip making embarrassing clicking noises and often need regular repair and adjustments.
Comparison of Dental Implants Vs. Dentures
- Made of material not compatible with the body. Made of plastic, metal, and acrylic that can irritate your gums and other soft tissues of your mouth
- Not stable. Can slip, fall out, and make embarrassing clicking noises. Chewing function is compromised
- Replace many if not all of your teeth. Dentures are mainly for people missing most or all of their teeth.
- Does not preserve bone.
- Needs repair and replacement. As your jaw bone deteriorates you will need adjustments, repairs, and most likely a whole new set of dentures.
- Made with titanium. Resistant to decay and compatible with body
- Stable. Acts like root of a tooth allowing for secure function
- Can replace one or more missing teeth. Treatment is custom-tailored to your needs
- Preserves jaw bone.
- Long-term success. Saves money over the long-run. With proper care dental implants can last a lifetime.
Take advantage of the many benefits of dental implants over traditional dentures. Call Dr. Wehle to schedule your dental implant consultation today!